Join 11 wineries and one cidery along the Mississippi River Valley for a free* event April 8-9, 2017 to celebrate the season. From complimentary tastings and barrel sampling to bottle discounts — each location is kicking off spring in their own way.
*Tickets not required, tasting fees may apply. Check with each location for details.
Make it a day trip along the Great River Road Wine Trail (GRRWT) and stop by a few of the closest locations — or make it a weekend and travel the 231 miles (one-way) along the scenic highways and byways.
Hugging the borders of 10 states from Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico, the Mississippi river snakes North to South. Among these 10 states, the river bluffs flanking the river through Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota are designated a National Scenic Byway and also form an ideal climate for grape-growing in the Midwest, also forming part – get this – the Upper Mississippi River Valley AVA. Yes! This area is a designated Viticultural Region.
Another fun fact — the GRRWT is the only wine trail in North America to span three states!
- Eagles Landing (Marquette, IA): Complimentary wine tasting (5 samples) – 15% off merchandise
- Elmaro Vineyard (Trempealeau, WI): Releasing Marquette Rose
- Garvin Heights (Winona, MN): Releasing: Great River Sangria & Great River Peche Wine
- Seven Hawks (Fountain City, WI): Complimentary wine tasting (5 samples), buy 3 bottles any wine, get 1 free
- Danzinger Vineyards (Alma, WI): Complimentary wine tasting (4 samples) and releasing 2016 Marquette
- Villa Belezza (Pepin, WI): Complimentary wine tasting (2 pours): newly released TAVOLA White, and 2013 Marquette Reserve
- Flower Valley (Red Wing, WI): Opening weekend! Complimentary wine tasting (3 samples, including one barrel tasting)
- Cannon River Winery (Cannon Falls, MN): Sampling 3 new wines
- Maiden Rock Winery & Cidery (Maiden Rock, WI) 6% off 6 bottles or 12% off 12 bottles, plus complimentary food samples
- Falconer Vineyards (Red Wing, WI): Complimentary wine tastings and special discounts
- Riverview Winery (La Crescent, MN: Complimentary wine tasting (4 samples), and release of Swenson White (tentative)
Other Events along the Great River Road
Spring Fling weekend is just one of three events held annually by the GRRWT. Two other events feature foods carefully selected to pair with the wines, and are ticketed events. For just $25 you can enjoy an entire weekend of food and wine sampling. Plan early, as tickets to these events typically sell out.
June Bloom Wine & Food Event – June 3 & 4 2017
Holiday Harvest Wine & Food Festival November 11 & 12 2017
Designated Driver tickets also available for these events.