Feliz cinco de Mayo este fin de semana!
[Happy 5th of May this weekend!]
This situation made double delicious by queso fresco from Cannon Belle’s Cheese out of Cannon Falls, MN
Queso fresco [fresh cheese] is tangy, crumbly cheese that seems to go well on literally EVERYTHING..
The recipe? Well, this is one of those things I tend to toss together without one… but here are some guidelines.
- Grill some protein. I like shrimp, and did 8 oz for 2 people.
- Toss it with your favorite veggies (I did 1 tomato, 1/2 onion, 5 radishes, 1 mango & 1 grilled zucchini, diced), cilantro & this marinade:
1.5 juiced limes, 2T oil, 1T chili powder, 1 pressed garlic clove, 1 adobo chili, diced
- Spread heated refried beans on a tostada
- Top with the marinated veggie mix,
- Sprinkle with queso fresco and serve with a side of wine-a-ritas.
De nada! [You’re welcome]