The Minnesota Grape Growers Association (MGGA) has established a scholarship fund in the name of Elmer Swenson to honor his legacy as a citizen scientist and a Father of cold climate viticulture. Scholarships of $1000 will be awarded to select students in recognition of demonstrated interest, aptitude, and creativity in advancing cold climate viticulture and wine making. The awards will be based entirely on merit, and the recipient(s) will receive the award and be recognized for this honor at the MGGA Cold Climate Conference Gold Medal Gala Banquet on February 22, 2020.
To be eligible for this award:
· A student must be a full-time student in an accredited institution of higher education in Minnesota or Wisconsin.
· Must be studying some aspect of cold climate viticulture or enology.
Applications consist of:
1. A letter which includes a description of your academic program and statement of career objectives including your experience and interest in cold climate viticulture or enology.
2. A résumé highlighting vineyard or winery experience
3. A letter of recommendation from a faculty member which certifies that you are a full-time student and provides evidence of your interest and ability in cold climate viticulture or enology.
How to Apply
- Click here to download the application
- Submit to: Ken Hodgson, Chair Swenson Scholarship Committee, email@example.com
Deadline for Receipt of Complete Applications – February 1, 2020